Developed by a barber in 1938 to treat human skin conditions, Original M-T-G has proven itself to be nothing short of miraculous for horse skin issues. Original M-T-G is time tested and proven. It is veterinarian recommended as the only solution needed for a variety of bacterial and fungal skin problems.
Original M-T-G and Original M-T-G plus treat a variety of skin problems quickly and easily with results seen as soon as a day after the very first application. Original M-T-G and Original M-T-G plus successfully treat the following conditions: rain rot, dew poisoning, scratches, mud fever, greasy heal, sweet itch, girth itch, itchy skin, dandruff and tail rubbing. It has been touted to work on thrush and white line disease.
Original M-T-G and Original M-T-G plus are formulated to eliminate the causative agent creating the skin problems so it treats at the source to dry up and heal the affected area. Its special ingredients also condition the skin and hair around the problem area which promotes both healthy skin and hair regrowth. Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus keeps the skin conditioned while creating a barrier against the elements. It offers quick relief and visible hair growth in 3-5 days.
Original M-T-G and Original M-T-G plus are easy to use. Just rub a small amount into the affected area without disturbing or picking the scabs off. There is no need to rinse or wash out between applications. Once the area is healed and you want to wash the residue off just use Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo which is specially formulated to remove Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus quickly and easily.
Original M-T-G and Original M-T-G plus have another, also miraculous, use. It will regrow mane and tail hair by as much as 3 inches a month. It is tested and proven by users to grow hair length and add volume. It creates a healthy environment for the hair follicle which results in maximum hair growth while keeping the hair soft and pliable to minimize breakage. All you need to do to grow mane and tail hair is to rub a small amount one time a week at the base of the mane and on the tail bone of the horse.
Original M-T-G is available in a 32 oz bottle. Ingredients contain mineral oil, sulphur and Cade oil.There is very small group of horses that react allergically to sulfur, always test a small area for a few days first.
Helpful hints about M-T-G
• Shake bottle thoroughly to mix the sediment layer on bottom of bottle throughout the rest of the liquid in bottle. Continue to shake periodically during application.
• Apply directly to the problem spot using just enough to cover without applying too much and having the excess run down the horse.
• Don’t pick scabs off as it may be painful to the horse and cause slight swelling. The scabs will fall off on their own after the healthy skin grows back under the scab.
• After scratches heal on the horse’s legs, put a thin layer of Original M-T-G on the affected area before turnout in wet conditions to provide a barrier against the horse becoming re-infected.
• The oil in Original M-T-G may make your horse sensitive to the sun and susceptible to sunburn. If the horse spends a lot of time in the direct sun you may want to apply Original M-T-G in early evening.
• Original M-T-G may produce heat when applied so you will want to be careful applying a leg wrap over top of it as it will act as a sweat. So don't cover the spots with blankets or vetwrap.
• Do not share brushes, blankets or turnout between horses with a skin problem and those without a problem as fungal and bacterial problems are highly contagious. Wash anything that comes into contact with infected horse so you won’t re-infect him after he heals.
• There is no need to wash out or rinse Original M-T-G between applications.